CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I love to travel, don't you? I love a change of menu, change of venue, meeting with something strange, I love challenge, I love change.


So it is, what? Oh dark thirty and is my usual stint before traveling I have pulled another all-nighter which has included (like all my previous ones) a decent amount of alcohol, junk food, more caffeine in my body than should be deemed appropriate, and the occasional freak-out (losing stuff that is important, essentially). Is this healthy? NO. Am I going to continue to do it? YES. Why, you ask? Mainly to prove to myself that I in fact still can do it, but also, as much as I love to travel I love love love to sleep during it. Perhaps because I'm so used to such long traveling that sleep just feels like the most normal part for me, to just sleep off at least half of the journey. You would think I would condition myself to read a book or chill out, but no. I'm all abouts the sleep. I think it ultimately comes down to the fact that once traveling I can look forward to uninterrupted sleep. No nagging mom, no roommates/housemates, no place to be for at least a good 8 hour span, all contributing factors to my final rest in which I can blissfully sleep knowing there's no way I cannot wake up at the end of a long flight (the flight attendants make sure of that).

Of course, with all this talk of sleep that is so what I'm ready to do now, but I have about an hour before I should leave for the train up to Vermont. Today I'm leaving to do a Comics Workshop at the Center for Cartoon Studies which still has yet to hit me. It's like I'm about to go do this amazing thing and I have no idea. Let's hope the excitement mounts once I'm actually on the road! I'm really looking forward to the train ride as well (though I will sleep for most of it) because as far as I'm concerned...it's far superior travel. Don't get me wrong. I love to fly, seriously. But I like to fly in my dad's Cessna or even in a SuperCub. I HATE flying in jets. Not because it's a bad method of transportation, but rather for the fact that the airlines have made it their mission to make travel as uncomfortable and packed as possible. The chairs are designed for people who clearly have sclerosis, the leg room is non-existent (a problem for those of us whose legs make up more than 50% of their height), and you're cramped no matter which seat you get. And if you're lucky like me you'll get the nice hearty Texan sitting right next to you who will a)take up all of the armrest, b) snore...LOUDLY, and c) in his waking moments will want to tell you his life story. Now, normally I'm a friendly person. HOWEVER, when I am tired (and I WILL be...see above) I. HATE. PEOPLE. I guess I shouldn't limit that to people, I hate everything. Except for coffee. Mmm...coffee.

Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, going to the Center for Cartoon Studies. One of the biggest highlights of this trip is being able to meet so many star-studded comicistas (wasn't a word until right then, I'm good). Jason Lutes, Robyn Chapman, James Kochalka. It should be quite the trip. During this time I will try and post pictures and whatnot, though I make no promises. I am so relieved that part one of my adventures will finally begin! Now? Time to get up!

0 comments: