CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose to walk the fine line between self-control and self-abuse...


Ah, new post. I kept promising the next post I would put up would be my new strips but, alas, I lied. Instead something to tide my poor brain over until I can find a scanner to do my inky bidding...



Dear Shitty Situation,

I appreciate your need to exist because, really, a shitty situation is better than no situation at all. However, not only do I not appreciate your being Less-Than-Desirable and Definitely-Not-What-I-Planned but I am mortified that you chose to flaunt your absolute shittiness in front of 25 other people today for all to mock and ridicule. As far as I am concerned I am now severing all romantic ties you and I ever had. Consider our relationship purely business and until the time I can replace you with a younger, hotter, and faster Situation I will merely be going through the motions with you. Fake sounds and all. I will see you in Court.

Until then,

Cee-Cee "I-Will-Crush-You" Swalling


Dear DC Weather,

YES! This is what I'm talking about. I know you and I have had our differences in the past, you love it humid, I love it dry, you gothrough heat spells and I curse your name. But finally, after long last, you and I are seeing eye to eye. I accept your occasional bouts of rain and you give me, in return, brilliant fall weather with even a hint of wind.

You are wonderful, really. What did I ever do to deserve such wonderful weather as you?

Be sure to look out for the wonderful fruit basket I sent to your door.

Always,

Cee-Cee "Every-Day-Should-Be-Fall" Swalling

Dear Alaska,

I know that we've had a rough and tumble 22 years. How do I apologize for how much I've vehemently hated you at times? However, I feel a twinge of regret since you are now being represented by a crazy woman in pumps. I would try myself to rep you better but, let's face it, I'm just a crazy woman in pink glittery converse, it wouldn't be much of a change.

No matter how wild and angsty I got in my adolescence you were always there, with your clean air, laid-back attitude, and overall awesome-ness that is scarce found elsewhere. I'm sorry I didn't ever take time to stand back and appreciate how truly beautiful you are. How you raised me to love the outdoors, enjoy nature, and learn what it means to truly be strong. I spend a good deal of time missing TitleWave, Kaladi Bros., the Bear Tooth, and clean glacier water from the faucet.

I wish I could say that I was coming home to you so that we can be the great team we once were but, unfortunately, I've been taken down a path that leads further from your door. I just wanted to write and let you know how much I love and adore you even if we will be parted for more years than I would care to imagine.

I will always be yours,

Cee-Cee "Forget-Me-Not" Swalling

0 comments: