CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 4, 2010

Another Headache, Another Heartbreak, I'm so much older than I can take, And my affection, well it comes and goes, I need direction to perfection

Well, gosh...after that long of a hiatus what do I have to say for myself? In the time since I last posted I picked up at the drop of a hat and moved to Central Pennsylvania. The move was impulsive but instead of being the crazy over-planned foresighted person I have been since literally I was 11 years old I decided to shut off the reasoning part of my brain and just listen to the part that knows my desires and passions. Had I planned the move perhaps things would have turned out differently. Or rather, I wouldn't have jumped on the first deal that waved at me. Either way, I found myself in Boiling Springs doing Costumes.

The Artistic Director was, is, an incredible tyrant. He rules the Theatre like a dictator accosting his employees in the private recesses of the property and lacks any real knowledge of Theatre hierarchy or how to gain his employees' trust and respect. Though I left that Theatre with true disdain and contempt for the Playhouse and the Artistic Director in general it did remind me why I do Theatre. At any moment I could've broken down and ran away to the first desk job that came my way. Instead I found myself surrounded by amazing talented people who I couldn't wait to work with and be around. And every day I was so grateful to be running my butt off to do something I truly find rewarding.

I was lucky, after I grew tired of the personal attacks and complete lack of professionalism I finally put out the search and I managed to find a place that allows me to do the exact same job but this time I am part of a team (instead of soldiering on as a Wardrobe Team of 1) and find myself working for people who know and understand every aspect of the Theatre. Everyday since I joined Gateway the first week of May (a month ago now!) I am so incredibly grateful to be here and I hope I continue to feel that way. Anyways, that's about everything you missed on the Cee-Cee Show. About the best things to come out of the past 6 months is my tattoo:

It says "Aun Aprendo"~ "I'm Still Learning", I picked something that I hope would always be true.

And lastly one of the few strips I've actually inked in the past year (geez, has it been a year since graduation?!):


There are A LOT of sketches which I swear will be going up as soon as I get two minutes to ink again! Anywho, sorry again for the crazy-long silence, still trying to get my post-college life figured out, yeesh!

Today's Playlist:
All These Things I've Done- The Killers
Oxford Comma- Vampire Weekend
Do the Panic- Phantom Planet
Dashboard- Modest Mouse
Ooh La- The Kooks
Never Know- Jack Johnson
The Way We Get By- Spoon

0 comments: