CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Some people have everything, and other people don't, but everything don't mean a thing if it ain't the thing you want, Express Yourself.

Uuuuugh. So I can absolutely promise you that my last two days of CCS were awesome but if I portray any lack of enthusiasm it is because I managed to catch a cold on the train ride back to DC and now I'm all sickly and miserable. Blegh, I hate being sick. At least my pictures can show how truly enthusiastic I was! Thursday was production day, so most of the day was dedicated to writing and making our own comics. Our group (the Hobbes group) all got together, was given three main characters and then we all built the plot piece by piece with each other. After that we each did our own section of the story, inked it, then set off on production. Our group's comic was good ol'fashioned copied on the printer and the other group scanned and printed theirs. While some were doing that I was over with the screen-printing group where Robyn and Jon Chad (see Guy in Plaid, who was also the designer for our cover) ran us through the process of transferring an image to a screen and then inking it onto a cover. My picture shows me mixing the ink for the Calvin group's cover and the green screen to the left is the screen with our image on it. (The aerial view~~>)
The end result was amazing and I had such a good time learning how to screen-print! The last day, James Sturm came and spoke with us! It was awesome and he showed us some of his clips, including the second story from America, which is one of my favs. After that we just went over the mini-comic we made and then we had the option of meeting up with Alec, Robyn, and Steve to discuss our own comics. Due to an outstanding FUBAR I unfortunately did not have my portfolio with me, but was able to show Alec and Robyn some of my stuff on my blog which wasn't altogether awful. I was also able to discuss more about school life at CCS which was cool so I at least can make some informed decisions about life after my undergrad (how the heck did I get her already?!).

Anyways, I'm going to get back to my being sickly and I might even pack too, considering that I leave tomorrow for the UK, woot woot!

0 comments: