CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You've changed, you're daring, you're different in the woods, more sure, more caring, you're getting us through the woods

SO...I'm IN Oxford! The little voice inside my head is going "OMG,OMG,OMG". Thankfully I managed to really slay the symptoms of my cold so I was able to breathe normally for most of the plane ride. However, the cold itself is not gone entirely which resulted in some airplane ear which I am not loving at the moment. I only hope with a couple decent hours of sleep and more antihistemines that will resolve itself. I am buzzing right now because I just got an expresso (yes, it is actually spelled that way) and now have a lot of caffeine running through my very sleep-deprived body. What's that you say? I should've slept on the plane?! What an excellent suggestion! Only I wish you could mention that to the 1)man in front of me whose head was in my lap, 2)the guy behind me whose feet came all the way up and were playing footsie with mine and 3) the guy beside me whose head was on my shoulder and whose hand was in my lap. It was not only uncomfortable, but AWKWARD AS HELL!!! I really wish I was making this stuff up, but I'm not. Other than that I managed to get my bags in record time (although waiting through the extremely loooong customs line...I was prepared this time!) and then was able to hop on a coach no problem to get to Oxford. Yeah, another opportune moment to sleep, but the landscape was so gorgeous I had to just stare at it!

At least I managed to get here in one piece and I think I'm going to survive, though I always do have my doubts when traveling by myself. I mean, I can barely make it out of bed in the morning without the aid of several other individuals, how the hell am I supposed to TRAVEL by myself across a foreign country no less? I am aware I have no faith in myself, I'll get over it. Since it's still fairly early here I'm going to attempt a nap and then see about heading into the City Centre and getting my bearings. How the hell is it only 10:30 am? I figured I might as well post a blog because I'm paying for the internet anyway, might as well get my money worth. Here's hoping I acclimate to the time change quickly!

0 comments: